The main developer, Henrique Pereira, is not in a tearing hurry to port new Android versions to all the devices. The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds. A custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the Android source code provided by Google. So if you are someone who wants to install a custom ROM on your device but are confused about which one to go with, read on as we bring the 15 best custom ROMs for Android in 2023.
The fun comes in what you can do after your device is rooted. You can then make use of apps that require root access, flash custom ROMs, tweak certain aspects of your phone, and more—which we’ll examine more later. A clean, stable ROM will provide users with an error-less and bug-less experience, which in turn will enhance the user’s Android adventure. Aside from the risks of modding your device, you can lose out on important features, like camera tweaks, using a custom ROM. Android is a lot more stable out of the box than it once was.
- If your phone has multiple cameras and you don’t know how to use them stock firmware file, I recommend you find a forum thread or group and ask for help there.
- Stock ROM’s are the ones that come pre-installed on phones or tablets.
- This version of the operating system is its “default” state, with no Google apps, no customizations, and no extra features.
- In this article, I will take you through a step-by-step guide on how to back up your MTK firmware on your Android smartphone.
- You can prevent that disastrous scenario by backing up the device via copying the data from a SD card with an USB connected to a computer or uploading to cloud.
It is the first smartphone from Infinix, which comes in the stock Android operating system. This phone integrates Artificial Intelligence features as well. The phone comes with AI rear camera along with Android 8.1 (Oreo) software.
Back in the day, Google co-created the Nexus line of smartphones. In 2016, though, Google started making phones by itself and re-branded them as Pixel phones. These devices come with Pixel UI on board, which is technically an Android skin. 11) Spyware in custom ROMs- The Custom ROMs developed by unknown developers can make you a victim of cyber fraud. There are chances that they will be tampering with the root access of your device.